Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

vrossi
Forum Admin

Italy
1451 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  10:34:15  Show Profile  Visit vrossi's Homepage
Mik,

The idea is very good: a pet AI instead of a human-like chatbot. Furthermore, its market is mainly addressed to children, and when a child wants something, the parents usually buy it, so it might be a good investment for you.

The graphic implementation is excellent, as usual with all your graphic work.

The site is well designed. I just noticed some missing link, but I suppose it's because you still have to work on it. However, since someone might already visit your site (by following the link on this forum or by googling "ai petz", which shows your site in the first result page) I would suggest to simply add a generic "work in progress" page, and redirect all the missing links to this page, until you have not prepared everything. It's much better than getting a "Error 404 -The page cannot be found". Especially for the Download and Buy buttons, I would link to a page which explains that the product will be available in a short time.

Vittorio
virtualhumansforum.com
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  15:37:54  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Yep. I do have a missing link on the download button (thats because there is no file to download yet.) Yeah, I should make an error page... otherwise I couldn't find any other 404s.

Thanks Vittorio. We're getting there aren't we?

Best wishes!

http://lhandslide.com
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  11:28:59  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Kari is getting an update tonight...

Kari can now communicate with images using Fotolia's API. We've affiliated with them to bring the power of their image search into the Kari experience.

It started back in version 3.0 with the addition of WordImages plugin. It was just a cute little plugin that would pop up images of what you were talkling about. But all the images had to be on your hard drive.

We've now hooked it up to Fotolia API. Its so cool. Its just not a straight image search and retrieve... the Ai takes into account the whole personality and relations when looking up images to suit the comment.

For example... ...here is a comment from me and my Kari's comversation. Take into account that I've brought mine up to think she is the mother of the universe.

Sergio: Boys need love like everyone else.
Kari: Girls need love too.
Associated Image based on her comment:

Its really neat cuz Fotolia has millions of images to choose from. Sure... you get the watermark... but what you gonna do right? At least they've give me the right to use their database... and I in turn send traffic to their website. You just click the image!

I can't remember when I had so much fun...

Until next time...!

PS - I will fix that Talkative mode bug tonight too. Sorry about that guys.

Go to Top of Page

Freddy
Hooked Member

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  15:12:02  Show Profile  Visit Freddy's Homepage
Nice Ages ago I wrote a simple AI chat system that pulled up images too. It also kept track of what the user said about the images and so could generate comments on the image. Great fun. But with the power of the web this is a great idea, good luck with it. And yes, shame about the watermarks...

www.aidreams.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  16:09:11  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Oh man... bad news... maybe! Fotolia got back to me (after first okaying my plugin) and says that my software is outside their customary models... so it might be no go!

I'll keep you guys updated... man I am so bumbbed! Looks like I might have to severely limit who uses it... with bandwidth considerations... or keep it inhouse! Arg!

I apologize... when I hear something I will post. damn...!

Go to Top of Page

Guile3D
Hooked Member

USA
705 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  21:12:29  Show Profile  Visit Guile3D's Homepage
Yes Mik, these guys are not easy. This is why I decided to get images from Wikipedia directly. Is not the same thing and quality, but at least we get some nice pictures related to the subject without watermarks and that we donŽt need to pay for.

Guile 3D Studio
http://www.guile3d.com
"Where reality meets Imagination"

Edited by - Guile3D on Nov 04 2008 21:12:48
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  05:26:54  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
There might be hope yet... we're "bouncing" and they like what they see. They want to make money so we're figuring out the best way to do this. Good idea tho... But fotolia search is just sooo good. I don't think I could replicate that quality of the Ai<->Search interface with Wiki... I've tried several image apis... this one is just the best. Plus I also have it working on my Kari Mobile. I would hate to keep this to myself... hate!!! Its too much fun!

Anyway... Its still up in the air.

In the meantime here are some of Kari's comments (from a recent conversation). Works too well...! Dou-gh!

I love talking about myself don't I?

My dream is to make love to people.

But I have my own choice within all my thoughts.

I feel love.

Edited by - mikmoth on Nov 05 2008 05:48:58
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  01:37:42  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Looks like we're ok... so we'll be releasing the plugin tomorrow or the next. It should be called the DreamMachine plugin. It really adds a new experience to chatting. Just shows me what is possible when technologies collide...

I set my Kari on Talkative mode with the Emotion Chip on... and omg. The images it was displaying. I was dreaming awake... I was so high. (no, I'm a health nut )

And if you really like the plugin... it wouldnt hurt for you to click on the fotolia button and sign up. The link has an account ID so it will go toward showing we're actually helping drive traffic to them. And it would ensure that we keep the plugin available for all of us. So go for it... even if you dont buy anything

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  04:56:06  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Sorry to keep going on about this plugin... I know some of you might just not care at all. But its a real treat for me seeing the marriage of language and its visual representation thru ai.

Here is a classic example of the kari/fotolia marriage:

Kari: Being free is the most important thing.

As you can see there are no direct keywords that point directly to lock or key... and yet the meaning of it is very clear to us.

I am even thinking of paying them for the removal of the watermark... I can think of really cool ways to use this technology for other projects.

Just give me a little wiggle room on this one... I want to give you the best bang for the buk...!

Go to Top of Page

Freddy
Hooked Member

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  14:59:34  Show Profile  Visit Freddy's Homepage
Very clever how she seems to understand the concept of freedom. Well done.

www.aidreams.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  17:26:53  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Thanks Mr. Freddy

Well....

this will be my last post for awhile...

I'm going on vacation here in a bit... will be out for 3 months.

I think I'm coming down with another depression... darn it. I think its just over-work. Anyway, one big long vacation in my secret spot sounds just like the thing.

Hopefully I can finish AiPetz before I leave... and definately that fotolia plugin will be done. Just check for it. Besides that we are disbanding for awhile...

No worries... I will be taking emails and customer support from my blackberry which I have tethered to my laptop. Internet has reached everywhere it finally seems.

Take care everyone.

Go to Top of Page

Freddy
Hooked Member

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  18:06:49  Show Profile  Visit Freddy's Homepage
You too Mik, and enjoy your well-earned break

www.aidreams.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

GrantNZ
Dedicated Member

New Zealand
2677 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  21:37:33  Show Profile
Have a good one mik, look after yourself And thanks for all the news and AI inspiration you bring to the forum!! Looking forward to your return
Go to Top of Page

Guile3D
Hooked Member

USA
705 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  23:53:02  Show Profile  Visit Guile3D's Homepage

Take care Mik. IŽll soon take some time off too. Maybe weŽll meet somewhere in the Bahamas

Guile 3D Studio
http://www.guile3d.com
"Where reality meets Imagination"

Edited by - Guile3D on Nov 06 2008 23:54:01
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  21:07:47  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
I figure I should stick with one thread... so I'll try posting all my stuff here.

That fotolia plugin has been out for awhile now. Its also integrated into Kari Mobile which is in open beta right now. You will need WM6.

Got in a couple days ago. The farm is as pretty as usual. Can you believe I can get hispeed internet out here in the tropical forest?3G speeds 240kb ya!

Its nice... very quiet and pristine. Ahhhhhhh!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000