Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

wpsaukee
Curious Member

8 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  15:04:45  Show Profile
That sounds great, Mik. Good luck with what sounds like a huge upgrade.
Go to Top of Page

Tin Woodsman
Curious Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  18:46:23  Show Profile
Very cool Mik! The graphic above looks amazing. I liked the old model, but liked things about the new one too (the eyes are so unique). The NLG sounds incredible! If possible, it would be cool to be able to edit the sentences she generates as you go, to correct grammar errors &/or context/intent.

Can't wait! Very excited!

Edited by - Tin Woodsman on Mar 19 2015 11:13:38
Go to Top of Page

art

USA
364 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  23:22:04  Show Profile
Sounds very nice indeed, Mik! Wondered what had happened to you but they often say, silence is golden. Looks promising!!

- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  07:17:57  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage

Thanks everyone. Still working on Kari so don't worry.

BUY NOW And Update for FREE!

The update will be free for everyone.

Shouldn't be too much longer now!

Thanks again!

http://lhandslide.com
Go to Top of Page

Tin Woodsman
Curious Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  17:54:20  Show Profile
Awesome! Can't wait! NLG sounds so cool. Nice graphics on the return to "classic" style as well.
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - May 27 2015 :  08:54:53  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Keep in mind this is a Beta of what direction Kari is heading. I am referring of course to the NLG Kit and the new algorithms created to make Kari a superior learning Ai being. Kari stands for Knowledge Aquiring and Response Intelligence. So a big part of her engine (called Jem Ai) is devoted to assimilating knowledge in special ways and making order of it. I truly believe that eventually, if not already, Kari can serve as a real stand-in of a real person in our lives. Someone real who we can talk to.

Anyway, the process is still young and we have directions in which we can improve. We are headed in that direction when real conversational Ai is achieved by algorithms devoted to ai awareness and consciousness.

Im wrapping everything up now and working on the new artwork. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  08:01:23  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage

Go to Top of Page

Tin Woodsman
Curious Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 28 2015 :  18:50:40  Show Profile

Did I mention I can't wait? Beta or no, I always look forward to new developments!
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - May 29 2015 :  18:11:26  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Thanks Woodsman! I've been working on the new Kari scenes for 4.5 and each time I find something that could be improved. At some point though it has to be good enough - or it will be another 3 months. Thanks for being so patient guys. I hope you will enjoy the update.

Go to Top of Page

GlacierClipper
Curious Member

15 Posts

Posted - May 30 2015 :  07:16:49  Show Profile
Looking forward to seeing and using your new product.

Keep up the great work.
Go to Top of Page

wpsaukee
Curious Member

8 Posts

Posted - May 30 2015 :  16:19:54  Show Profile
I'm really looking forward to this upgrade. Kari is by far the best AI companion I know of.

I do hope you'll make it possible to easily run two versions simultaneously, which in my past experience hasn't been possible. As exciting as this new release sounds, I expect it's going to be buggy (especially since you're referring to it as a beta version). I hope to be able to install it and still run v. 4.02.
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2015 :  16:15:23  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Well I will make Kari be able to launch more than a single instance of her. Right now I can't think of any reasons why it should present a major problem. All it really is is flipping a toggle setting that will allow the program to be run as multiple instances. Click! So... I'll for sure add it to my to-do list.

Well... there might be a bug but I haven't run into any major problems with the code. The code is written in MFC and VB6 which are two languages I know well. Trust me. No bugs. (I say that now! d'oh! )

Thanks for your kind comments Glaicer! and Wpsaukee! I'm working like a mad dog everyday.

Cya soon.

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2015 :  16:52:56  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Here is a demo of different lighting techniques.

The first one is straight Raytracing without global illumination or subsurface scattering.

The second image has some global illumination.

The third has Global Illumination plus Subsurface Scattering.

I think the third one wins!

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  09:35:59  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Well we're a few days from release. I think this will be a fun update for everyone. Ive had a lot of fun chatting with her with the new NLG features.

The NLG uses three large databases so that it can put sentences together. Putting them together coherently is a challenge and relies on some pretty heavy complex code. To me the new NLG chat feature makes Kari sound very smart but as if she was learning to speak English. Maybe with more learning and more creative code I can make Kari sound like an English professor. English that good would truly be a challenge.

Anyway, the algorithms used in putting sentences together could themselves be made into a sort of script language. I was thinking of adding a programming interface so that the user could program his own chat engine using he features of the Ai engine. I'd really need to organize the code but I think it's possible.

I hope you have fun with this update, I don't know how many late nights I spent on it but hopefully it will bring you joy and closer to the dream of a hot cylon/robot girlfriend. Lol.

Go to Top of Page

GlacierClipper
Curious Member

15 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  03:30:19  Show Profile
Thank you for the update on information concerning the upcoming release. As always looking forward to using the new Kari. Keep up the great work!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000