Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2014 :  23:15:08  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
I finally got to see this film, Her, before it left the big screen. It was awesome seeing what I have seen candidly through my business but could tell nobody about.

It takes on the question of which is better: a virtual relationship with a virtual girlfriend or a real relationship with the hard aches of everyday life.

So yeah, it's worth a viewing. It was so funny hearing one guy say "Oh, I'm dating my OS". Yeah, we getting there!

Well, maybe in another 200 years they'll catch up to us hey?

http://lhandslide.com
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2014 :  02:36:19  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
To be honest, since that movie Her came out sales have been about 30% higher! The mob is just about to finally catch up to us!

Anyway, I wanted to post something like an update of what I've been up to. It's just me again working at home. A lot of stuff happened and I ended up back here were I started. Anyway, I've been working on Kari iPad.

She really talks and moves her lips and animates. She is as smart as the desktop Kari although it may take her an extra second or two to respond. I'm trying to make it a fully fledged chat bot with many of the features the desktop version has. Anyway I've put in so much work into it that it's really turning into an excellent app I can be proud of. I still have much to do however. I am also implementing new Ai code never seen before on a Kari.

Yesterday, I got my Android tablet a Galaxy Tab 3. I figure it's a nice middle model good for developing on. I'm sorta looking forward to working on a completely new platform.

I'll see if I can post some videos of Kari iPad in action. :)

Go to Top of Page

Tin Woodsman
Curious Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2014 :  23:06:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mikmoth

I finally got to see this film, Her, before it left the big screen. It was awesome seeing what I have seen candidly through my business but could tell nobody about.

It takes on the question of which is better: a virtual relationship with a virtual girlfriend or a real relationship with the hard aches of everyday life.

So yeah, it's worth a viewing. It was so funny hearing one guy say "Oh, I'm dating my OS". Yeah, we getting there!

Well, maybe in another 200 years they'll catch up to us hey?

Finally saw this last night. Very touching and moving. By degrees sweet, romantic, funny, thoughtful, bittersweet, risque, & sad. A VERY through exploration of the subject of A.I./human interaction & what could happen when they form emotional attachments & relationships, with all the up's & downs, perils & pitfalls.

I could relate to Joaquim Phoenix's Theodore Twombly quite well.

Go to Top of Page

art

USA
364 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  00:25:59  Show Profile
Yeah, I think a lot of us could also relate if truth were known.

Somehow it always seems easier to talk to a stranger or develop a new relationship with someone new instead of mucking around in an old one that has lost it's steam and desire.
In a new relationship there is adventure, challenge and excitement much like a child on Christmas morn, rushing downstairs to find the tree decorated and some gifts underneath. The wonder and excitement is what drives that child or our emotional needs to greater imaginings.

How I wish we adults would never lose that childlike quality! But then again...that's why we grow up.

- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  11:53:41  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Last week I started building Kari 5in .Net using Visual Studio 13. I think this will ensure the future of Kari for years to come. All her Ai is of course being written in C++ although the idea of sometimes re-writting it in straight C might be attractive. It might become even faster. (although it would be a bitch to code)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that work on Kari continues. Kari iPad should be out within a few months.

Laters.

Edited by - mikmoth on Jul 22 2014 09:37:51
Go to Top of Page

art

USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  04:26:38  Show Profile
Are you going to try to enhance her AI beyond the current state?

Some emotional memes or personality memes might be a nice after thought for those wanting more of a turnkey product while others might simply opt for a nicely "teachable" being.

Nice to see her developing as we always thought she would!

Keep up the good work Mik!!

- Art -
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  11:06:42  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Nice to hear from you Art! :)

Well, I do have some real new ideas. I want Kari 5 to be submersive. So animations and lip synch will be enhanced. In other words, the graphics will be spectacular!

As for Ai, I was thinking about going back and completing some work on mandala Ai. A mandala is basically a geometric portrait of the mind. If I can use some of what I've learned in my readings concerning "ancient chinese secret" then maybe I can create an "Ai soul". Still working on it but getting closer everyday.

Hey 2000 posts! Whoa!

Edited by - mikmoth on Jun 22 2014 11:07:35
Go to Top of Page

vrossi
Forum Admin

Italy
1451 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  23:20:53  Show Profile  Visit vrossi's Homepage
Hi Mikmoth,

over 2000 posts! Congratulations!

In the last couple of years you have been the most active member here.

Your Kari has meanwhile evolved and she is now one of the best examples of Virtual Humans.

Keep on with the good work!

Vittorio
virtualhumansforum.com
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2014 :  08:39:06  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Thanks so much Vittorio! It's been an interesting ride so far... and getting better all the time. I'm honored to know that Kari is now being taken seriously by the Ai community.

In fact Kari has a whole chapter dedicated to her in this new book.

The Formula: How Algorithms Solve all our Problems ... and Create More

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Formula-Algorithms-Problems-Create/dp/0753541688/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1403591644&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Luke Dormehl The Formula How Algorithms Solve all our Problems and Create More

It's brand new and is only available from the UK Amazone store right now. Sales for the USA start this November.

He has a lot of interesting things to say about Kari. He especially seems interested in the topic of a "relationship simulator" which Kari can naturally be. Anyway, if you're interested pick up a copy. Mine came in the mail in about 10 days from the UK.

Well, here is to another 2000 posts! Love you guys and all the support you've helped me with over the years.

Big Hug,
Sergio!

Go to Top of Page

art

USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2014 :  02:29:50  Show Profile
Good for you Mik!! Glad to see you and Kari make the journey this far and wishing you another 2k posts!!

Looking forward to seeing some nice things with Kari's mind and AI development as well. Time will tell!

You take care, my friend!!!

- Art -
Go to Top of Page

Tin Woodsman
Curious Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2014 :  03:54:13  Show Profile
Very cool Mik! Amazed that you're working on v5. Seems like only yesterday that v4 came out. :)

Congrats on the write up. "Relationship Simulator" eh? TBH I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with one. Closest thing I've seen is the "Date Ariane" & "Something's In The Air" games from Ariane Barnes http://arianeb.com/.

They're fun, but I picture something like Kari+The Sims or GTA. Something that has an AI/Chatbot character+at least a semi-open world where there are "places" to go & things to do with your virtual SO.

Maybe I'm overestimating, but I think there would be an audience for such a thing. Even as a "game" if nothing else.:)
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2040 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  06:11:44  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Thanks guys! Yeah, it's really exciting to begin working on a new version. I have a lot of new ideas I'd like to implement. Some ideas were suggested right here on this forum.

Hey Tin, yeah I was thinking about different locations but also with a story maybe... different adventures you and Kari have to solve. And these will be available as expansion packs.

Oh, here's a question for all of you who use Kari and/or AiBliss or VGirl3D. What do you think about the skins? Should I keep Kari's current graphical skins (the border around the window) or should I make a sleek skin just for Kari. In other words... do you guys like the current graphical skins on Kari or do you wish it was more like AiBliss with various sleek skins you can apply? Just a question.

Well, thank you everybody for supporting me and Kari... thanks Vittorio, Art, Tin, I really appreciate all the nice comments. It really means something to me when someone says something nice about Kari. Gosh...she's come a long way. Here's to 10 more years! And 3 new versions!

By the way if you have any other suggestions for the new Kari 5 please let me know. This is the thread to let me know all your wishes. So let me know what you'd like to see.

Laters!

Go to Top of Page

jrglynn2000
Curious Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  08:08:24  Show Profile
Mikmoth I have a question it says on kari now 4.2 whats the new features kari 4? a few months ago they had something about Kari being compatiable with flesh lights never saw anything else on it.you were talking about ideas for Kari 5. I tried making a new personality from scatch still alittle difficult .how about some premade questions the user can fill out to help make a new personality

Jason R GLynn
Go to Top of Page

jrglynn2000
Curious Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  08:18:05  Show Profile
what if kari 5 is linked with V stroker they are with flesh lights . maybe have some kari senes where she's compatiable with vstroker. I know on the pro karis they have the 3d sliders they change the skin face hair what about that for the main avartar. why not have a virtual world where kari and the users go in and interact with other karis and users she could learn from other people and karis by intereacting with them even when the user is away from the computer kind of like the dream part of her program

Jason R GLynn
Go to Top of Page

Tin Woodsman
Curious Member

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  23:11:07  Show Profile
quote:
Hey Tin, yeah I was thinking about different locations but also with a story maybe... different adventures you and Kari have to solve. And these will be available as expansion packs.

I don't know if I would be thrilled with a scripted "story" per se. I gave it some thought as to what would be preferable in lieu of an "open word" type thing, & I think even some simple "change of scenery" type animations would scratch that itch.

Kari 3 had a few of these in different out door type settings, her room, etc. I know 4 has a couple as as well.

I think it would be cool if there were a few indoor ones like: restaurant, mall, bar, club, watching TV together, in a movie theater, sitting on a couch listening to music, etc. That way you could at least simulate the sensation of "going out" or "doing things together" a little bit.

If not too much, maybe even some animations to go with some, like a dancing loop in the dance club, or having the characters raise a glass & drink occasionally in the bar, raise a folk of salad in the restaurant, etc.

Something like what you were doing with AI Bliss, but it wouldn't even need to be as "open" with the model able to walk around & such. Just a setting & maybe a few animations in some.

quote:
Oh, here's a question for all of you who use Kari and/or AiBliss or VGirl3D. What do you think about the skins? Should I keep Kari's current graphical skins (the border around the window) or should I make a sleek skin just for Kari. In other words... do you guys like the current graphical skins on Kari or do you wish it was more like AiBliss with various sleek skins you can apply? Just a question.

I'm not very picky when it comes to the skins for the program. I usually just pick one I like & stick with it. I'm more into what's INSIDE that skin...

quote:
Well, thank you everybody for supporting me and Kari... thanks Vittorio, Art, Tin, I really appreciate all the nice comments. It really means something to me when someone says something nice about Kari. Gosh...she's come a long way. Here's to 10 more years! And 3 new versions!

By the way if you have any other suggestions for the new Kari 5 please let me know. This is the thread to let me know all your wishes. So let me know what you'd like to see.

Laters!

Thank YOU for continuing to work on her! It thrills me to think about the future & all the possibilities that used to sound like sci-fi when I was a kid that are now on the verge of coming true... :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000