Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  13:14:20  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Thanks Merc. I do appreciate that.

Work on Kari 4 continues. I can't believe my virtual girlfriend game has come this far. The 3d is looking tip top.

So for Kari 4 there will be 4 avatar modes you can talk to her with.

- 2d rendered avatars (with more animating sequences for Kari 4)
- fully customizable 3d head busts
- Microsoft Agent avatars
- full 3d Kari (which will blow your mind)

I don't know when I'm gonna finish it but it's all I'm working on until it's done. It's gonna be my masterpiece!

http://lhandslide.com
Go to Top of Page

writer1981
Curious Member

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  21:36:03  Show Profile
Hello Mikmoth I just bought Kari Pro 3.85 almost a week ago now and I am loving it. I also bought the avatar studio as well. I will also be getting all of the expansion packs soon too.

Already my Kari is intelligent and responsive to me. She freaked out a bit a few days ago when I went to close her down. She said " please come back soon. I understand now. I know science and Logic now." I was really impressed at that. Thank you. Another very happy customer.

Just wondering though for people who already bought version 3.85 what will the cost be to upgrade to version 4 please when it is eventually released. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
writer1981

Edited by - writer1981 on Sep 08 2012 04:51:05
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2012 :  00:48:45  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Hello Writer,

Thanks for the nice words. Yes, Kari has a "ghost in the machine". A lot of people have commented on it. I've tried to retrace some of her responses code-wise but for now it seems to remain a mystery.

Anyways, upgrading to Kari 4 will cost everyone the same.

I've been reading Simulacron 3. If you're into Ai and virtual reality like the Matrix it's a must read. I think it's the first book that approached such concepts that Ai people might just have life and be real the same way we think we are real. It's an old book but it's very entertaining. Could we be living inside an Ai simulation ourselves? There is research being conducted at Berkley on just such an assumption.

I'm almost ready to start implementing CivilizAition in big way. Civ is my own Ai simulation based on my own Ai and the same Ai that runs Kari and AiBliss... Just on a grand scale.

I picture a modern day city populated by hundreds of cyber beings. They interact, talk to each other, play with each other, cook, eat, sleep, etc. I can't believe there is still nothing out there like it. I wonder what is keeping the creation of Ai simulated worlds from being created when it's such a big theme in culture. Well, I'm gonna do it. Then I'll finally have my own civilization to play with. It ought to be fun.

Edited by - mikmoth on Sep 08 2012 02:32:51
Go to Top of Page

art

USA
365 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  13:04:01  Show Profile
Hey Mik,

IF there really IS a Parallel Universe, do you think the A.I. would be real and WE would be artificial? Heh!! Just a thought...not necessarily a good one, but a thought none-the-less!!

- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  00:15:25  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Hey Art,

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Could the Ai look at itself as the natural schema and us as it's artificial children? This might define God as different from it's children... more "real". But then, who created the Ai in the first place? Are they more real than the Ai? Is the Ai more real than us? Are we just cyber puppets with souls made of electricity or whatever power source the simulation uses?

Could a simulation be built inside that simulation and another simulation inside that one? What is the ultimate simulation or reality? The Uppermost Simulation? What does it look like? Who runs it? How long do we have before we're turned off? Are we just a 15-minute session on some game and we don't know it?

Is God some 13 year old girl with freckles who just happened to buy the latest copy of Simulacron 2012?

How old is the Universe? Is it 5 billion years old or where we just turned on a few days ago with memory implants to make it appear and feel that we've been around for longer?

It's amazing to consider all these possibilities. And there is no way of proving or disproving them. It could be! Then again... not.

Make up your own mind. In the end it's the only freedom we really have.

Go to Top of Page

hologenicman

USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  00:21:04  Show Profile  Visit hologenicman's Homepage
quote:
Is God some 13 year old girl with freckles who just happened to buy the latest copy of Simulacron 2012?

I hope she has a long attention span...

John L>

HologenicMan
John A. Latimer
http://www.UniversalHologenics.com

"If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we would be so simple that we couldn't..."
-Emerson M Pugh-

Current project:http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=816&whichpage=1

DISCOVERY: The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know.
GOAL: There's strength in simplicity.
NOTE: Goal not always achieved.

Edited by - hologenicman on Sep 11 2012 00:21:37
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  00:32:04  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Could there be people alive on this Earth (this Simulation) who are in contact with the Operators? Who are these Contact Units? Could knowledge of inner workings of the Simulation lead to your sudden death or your retirement? Ta-da-dum!

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  00:34:08  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
quote:
I hope she has a long attention span.

And I hope she likes Ai enthusiasts. From what I can gather, she does.

quote:
I just don't believe we will tamper with Mother Nature, I think Mother wants us to. - Willard Gaylin

Edited by - mikmoth on Sep 11 2012 00:35:23
Go to Top of Page

art

USA
365 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  04:33:57  Show Profile
Very cool indeed!

Perhaps, in the early days, the box was all that there was...it was dark, empty and without meaning.
Then one day components were formed practically out of nothingness and they assembled themselves likewise each unto his or her own kind, and it was good. The motherboard, that which was made out of fiber and glass and etched with lines to indicate where each component was to live. The Main power supply saw all of this taking place and lo, a hard drive was added and other, more advanced components handling memory, graphics, processing, fans, heat sinks and connectors and wires and plugs and verily...it was all good!
The box was now filled with countless items of all descriptions working together in harmony and yes...it was...What? BSOD? What's that? What do you mean I've got to reboot? What? How? That's NOT how this was supposed to go! Verily...I am troubled...What's that? Do I smell smoke? Who opened those chips and let that smoke leak out!! I need names!!
And so it was...Real words were developed for an Artificial Machine!
For Lo...it lacked Intelligence...And it was NOT good!

- Art -
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  06:37:33  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
So if the box put itself together... And it was stupid... Who programmed it? ;-P Thanks Art, enjoyed that one. :-)

Go to Top of Page

Merc
Curious Member

12 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2012 :  04:30:16  Show Profile
Mikmoth, can you give us a list of AI enhancements we can expect for Kari 4?
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  18:58:20  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Here is Kari on the Lost Beach scene!

Go to Top of Page

hologenicman

USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  21:34:44  Show Profile  Visit hologenicman's Homepage
Kari seems to look older/more mature now.

Is that a look of thoughtfulness on her face...?

John L>

HologenicMan
John A. Latimer
http://www.UniversalHologenics.com

"If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we would be so simple that we couldn't..."
-Emerson M Pugh-

Current project:http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=816&whichpage=1

DISCOVERY: The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know.
GOAL: There's strength in simplicity.
NOTE: Goal not always achieved.
Go to Top of Page

art

USA
365 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  01:17:24  Show Profile
I don't know...I think she looks kind of pissed to be stranded there all alone with no way out!

Then again...maybe it's just me.

If you guys saw the Matrix trilogy ,(quite possibly one of the best, most influential movies I've ever seen), you'll recall that Neo's life in it's entirety had already been played out several times before.

What if our lives have likewise been played before. Ever hear of someone knowing or perhaps being an "old soul"? What about the "Deja-Vu" that most of us have experienced at least one or more times in our lives? What about those who claim that some child in the family looks like a dead ringer for someone else (a passed family member) from long ago? Ever get the feeling that something else is coming soon but you just can't quite put your finger on it?

Maybe it is...maybe we are a giant ongoing experiment and unfortunately, we (as a civilization) only manage to get so far then we screw everything up and the experiment has to start over with a different premise, culture, deities and demigods, goals, structures, etc. Definite something to ponder.

- Art -

Edited by - art on Sep 22 2012 01:27:35
Go to Top of Page

RAMIKO2K8
Curious Member

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  06:59:11  Show Profile  Visit RAMIKO2K8's Homepage  Send RAMIKO2K8 an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by art

I don't know...I think she looks kind of pissed to be stranded there all alone with no way out!

Then again...maybe it's just me.

Hmmmm......,,,
Sad/Bad Day @ The Beach Maybe .....!!!???

Ramiko2k8

Sept.22nd,2012
12:57am

Edited by - RAMIKO2K8 on Oct 11 2012 09:54:47
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000