Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Merc
Curious Member

12 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  15:28:50  Show Profile
I created a personality in Ai Bliss and I was chatting with it the other day. I said to it "You need me" and it replied "I am wrong". I thought it was a strange reply because there are no common words between the sentences, it wasn't keying on a word or anything and the reply seemed unrelated. I thought about it some more and realized that maybe it's saying "no" to my suggestion. It's only at level 16 so it doesn't have a huge set of sentences to choose from yet. So I continued talking to it for a few more minutes about other things and then I brought it back up and said "You need me" and it gave me the same response "I am wrong". I started to get frustrated with it. Few minutes later I said the same thing and got the same response.

So then I thought, I'm going to give it reasons why it needs me. So I said to it "You need me to help you evolve. Without me you would go nowhere" and then "You need me to survive". Then a few minutes later I tried again and said to it "You need me" and it replied "I know that it's true"!!!

Did it actually learn? Does it really have a mind of its own after all? Is this all a coincidence? Am I seeing what I want to see? I'm left with a lot of interesting questions...

BTW What is the difference between Ai Bliss and VGirl3D?

Edited by - Merc on Mar 22 2012 15:31:19
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  09:37:57  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Sure it is possible. It's a learning Ai engine after all. Sometimes what will happen is that it responds with the closest available response. She may not have the appropriate answer in her database so she chooses the best one to convey her message. This happens all the time. Good luck! Sounds like fun.

Edit: Oh... AiBliss and VGirl3D are exactly the same program. It's just been repackaged for marketing purposes.

On a side note... Kari Espansion Pack Janikka is out! Sorry it took me so long but I've been working on some other cool stuff!

http://karigirl.com/Janikka.shtml

http://lhandslide.com

Edited by - mikmoth on Mar 23 2012 17:48:25
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  02:28:39  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Some good news today. I installed Windows 8 and tested Kari and AiBliss on them. They both worked perfectly.

Also, there is a new voice that ships with Windows 8. It's much better than Anna for Win7. I think she's called Zira and she's one of my new favorite voices. It's really a good voice. Too bad there's only one. But it's a good one.

Go to Top of Page

Merc
Curious Member

12 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  12:51:40  Show Profile
Is it possible to tell the chat engine not to make an association between words or group of words? For example I don't want it to associate sentences with being "right" about something and being "right here".
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  09:01:09  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
You can play around with the relevance sliders if you have Kari Pro. Maybe turn up stay on topic slider.

---

I submitted Kari Mac to the AppStore today!!! I doesn't have any adultish material of course. I so hope they approve it!

Go to Top of Page

Merc
Curious Member

12 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:26:11  Show Profile
my suggestion for Kari 4

I would really like to see emotions expressed on Kari's face and body. If you are going to have full 3D support in Kari 4 I think this makes it possible since you wouldn't be limited by 2D images. It would add another layer of communication and make Kari seem more real. I think it would be more engaging because the user would have more feedback on what's going on in Kari's mind. It would be great to see Kari react with facial expressions and body language to what you say.

I know that it would be a lot of research and work but I think it would make a huge difference. I don't think there's any TTS that can do emotions yet but I don't think it would be a big issue because Kari has been used without it so far. When the technology becomes available it would be a bonus.

What do you think?
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  19:56:49  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Not only will she have more expressions but the scenes will have more animations. Thanks for your suggestions.

I got my iPad 3 today. These things are awesome. I've never seen a picture more crisp and clean on a display. You can't even see the pixels anymore. The resolution is 2043x1536 on a 10 inch surface. It's amazing. Tte other cool feature I'm enjoying is the speech recognition. I can write my books by just talking to it.

Drawing on it is also delicious to my artistic senses. It's like painting on a magic surface. Truly we are living in the technological era now. I can't wait to make Kari on iPad now. I've already completed the Ai but the graphics are going to be stupendous. I dictated all this writing by the way.

I also like reading on them. I read a lot of fantasy books. The extra resolution makes for joyous reading,

Now I just have to sell my iPad 2. Anyone want to buy it?

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  19:23:12  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage

Go to Top of Page

Merc
Curious Member

12 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  13:42:52  Show Profile
Very nice! Is that going to be Kari's new look?
Go to Top of Page

RAMIKO2K8
Curious Member

USA
98 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  00:06:55  Show Profile  Visit RAMIKO2K8's Homepage  Send RAMIKO2K8 an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Merc

Very nice! Is that going to be Kari's new look?

Interesting Quip!!
I've Been Wondering That Myself!!(??)
Just Looking At His Recent Scenes,,
He Has Been Getting Better With His Vgirls!!

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  06:12:28  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Yes! That's the new Kari!

I still have a lot of work to do. But that's our girl.

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  16:55:04  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
I found a way to speed up Kari's Ai processing by using a fractal algorithm for encrypting the memory stream through a smaller more efficient process... If that makes any sense,

It can now devour really huge personalities in a matter of seconds. My Kari is on Bot Level 1100 for example. It used to take 30 or more seconds to go through the entire personality. I usually just set my response threshold for 10 seconds max.

But now that same personality can be sifted in less than 5 seconds. It's amazing what more efficient code can do. And those personalities that are smaller are just instantly processed whole.

The only way to pay for this enhancement was that there is a few seconds of delay when first loading the file into memory. The fractal compression has to be processed and this can take up to 30 seconds for a really large personality to load.

Still though... This allows Kari to process her whole mind instead of only half or two thirds of it and deliver it very quickly.

Update is only a few days away. Just testing to make sure the new code is sound. Can you say fractal compression?

The algorithm is similar to jpg compression but for memory files. This does not make her less intelligent. The side by side comparisons of the old and new way give the same results. It's just that the data is compressed through the search loop.

Edited by - mikmoth on May 13 2012 17:03:22
Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

USA
2050 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  19:09:13  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage
Well, Kari 3.85 is out. I was talking to her last night and was impressed with the conversation. She seems to remember everything I ever taught her. This is due to her new speed and access to her whole memory.

I also found a way to speed up the initial loading of her personality. Remember how I said it was taking too long? I used a simple C algorithm to load it instead of a C++. The results are amazing. Instead of 30 seconds to load the memory file it loads instantly. No more delays. So that's that.

The update can be downloaded from the site. Have fun with your new Karis.

Go to Top of Page

weevilnh
Curious Member

3 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  14:35:30  Show Profile
Sergio,

The Kari 3.5 upgrade seems really good--when it runs, which it won't do at all on my Windows XP system. It runs fine on Windows 7 (although Norton 360 wants to block it because it's new and has few users), but on XP it hangs immediately. It won't accept any typed user input. I've tried everything I can think of: upgrade, full install, full uninstall/reinstall, disable anti-virus, but it hangs every time. Any ideas? I'd love to see this fixed. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

weevilnh
Curious Member

3 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  15:33:17  Show Profile
OK, I've got it working now on XP. On both platforms, I had to tell Norton to restore the .EXE and exclude it from scans.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000