Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  17:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is fine as long as these functions work 100%. As I said, what you are proposing in your diagram is a fully aware VH. I am 100% sure that you can do it, but currently I can not think of any applications that can utilize such an advance piece of technology. I think the modular release would be a preferable action for you. Release -> Evaluate by a group of users -> Feedback -> Improve -> Release additional components. Such a project may take years to complete.
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  22:23:01  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I think the modular release would be a preferable action for you. Release -> Evaluate by a group of users -> Feedback -> Improve -> Release additional components. Such a project may take years to complete.

Thanks for suggestion. I have been reluctant to release Harry, because there is still much to do. But I think your approach will give Harry a better design, even though he may not be finished for a long time.

http://mindmap.iwarp.com
Go to Top of Page

Dante
Hooked Member

220 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  00:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now this is turning into something very fruitful..

I admit that this is turning into a very interesting project.

I do have one problem, however; do not dispose the CYC project completely, it may not be the ideal solution to the NLP problem, but it's a lifesaver when processing new information.

The hand that rocks the AI cradle, may well rule the world.
Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  01:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cyc has too much unecessary information that is usless for many domains. Plus it is so resource hungry that it is impossible to run without a sever computer. I think as long as the company fails to realise that it is vital to provide an easy inteface to Cyc (currently it relies on a stable java interface which is complex as hell, and a tcp inteface that works whenever it wants to), and tools to extract only the necessary lnowledge, it will remain hidden from the eyes of the world. Too bad because indeed it could be the ideal solution to the NLP problem. But untill then, I think i have found something unique, please check my other post (the missing component of ALICE) and you will realise what i mean. I bot capable of operating with 70% accuracy in limited domains with google-like technology.

Edited by - giannis on Aug 26 2008 01:53:37
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  02:31:49  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have just been scheduled for open heart surgery on sep 9th. I'll see if I can get a installer for Harry released before then.

Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  04:05:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck!!!!!! I think you should take care of yourself first and forget abotu the rest. AI can be a good thing, but health comes first!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dante
Hooked Member

220 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  11:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooh, good luck with the surgery! Perhaps there would be irony and you'd be operated upon by a machine.

I admit that CYC is...cumbersome, to say the least, still, the CEO of the company (who also wrote Automated Mathematician and EURISKO, look up both of them for some very interesting info) has stated that CYC is still a work in progress. (Reference, AAAI Magazine, 'The AI Landscape')

Pity, really, there were two other projects similar to CYC and much more accesible (OpenMind and MindPixel) the creators from both projects committed suicide, though I do have a copy of some of MindPixel's data.

Go to Top of Page

Freddy
Hooked Member

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  14:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Freddy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's totally bizarre that they BOTH comitted suicide...

Good luck with the surgery.

www.aidreams.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Dante
Hooked Member

220 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  15:37:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first wasnt known for being stable all the time, the other guy was quite reserved (if memory serves)

Wired did an article about it;

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/16-02/ff_aimystery

I'm wondering if anyone has explored the idea of using the Sentient Quotent scale for bots...

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  16:22:07  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm wondering if anyone has explored the idea of using the Sentient Quotent scale for bots...

I like the idea. perhaps, if we had a list of target behavors or target functions we could start by counting how many the bot can perform. maybe this is the new turing/loebner test.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  23:43:00  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a starter list of criteria that could be used to evaluate a VH for intelligence and possibly sentience. A set of tests would be used to evaluate the VH against these criteria. Yes, I know this violates Turingís belief that intelligence canít be tested objectively.

Memory
Remember
Recall
Language
Listen
Speak
Read
Write
Interpret
Translate
Cognition (facts)
Object identification
Object Classification
Object Attribution
Set identification
Set Classification
Set Attribution
Operator identification
Operator Classification
Operator Attribution
Behavior
Inquire
Respond
Motivation
Focus of attention
Knowledge
General
Expert
Reasoning
Temporal
Spatial
Problem solving
Comprehension
Abstraction
Language acquisition
Planning
Self aware

Go to Top of Page

Dante
Hooked Member

220 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  17:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree!

The Turing Test, as I'm sure your all aware, is not the best test of sentience, it not really being designed to test for sentience, but rather to see if an artificial device can pass as human (ok, the orignal test was asking if a judge could tell between two contestants who was a man and who was a woman)

As a side note; it might be wise to include Deductive Reasoning, (unless you include that under Problem Solving)
and again, it might be wise to define (or indeed cannibilze from the mind-map) sub-catagories.

I shall begin drawing up notes from my own work with humans (we 'are' trying to plan out a mind that has intelligence recognizble to the lay-man, after all)

I suggest everyone thinks about this and adds to it, it could prove invaluable.

Looking at the list, I'm thinking of Nietzsche's Super-man....

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  02:12:59  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
As a side note; it might be wise to include Deductive Reasoning, (unless you include that under Problem Solving)
and again, it might be wise to define (or indeed cannibilze from the mind-map) sub-catagories.

I shall begin drawing up notes from my own work with humans (we 'are' trying to plan out a mind that has intelligence recognizble to the lay-man, after all)

I suggest everyone thinks about this and adds to it, it could prove invaluable.

This looks like something that could get large quickly. Especially if we add sample tests. Is this subject large enough for its own web page, and report changes here? if so, I can set up a site called Virtual Human Mental Acuity Testing and Scoring (VH MATS).

What do you think?

Go to Top of Page

kenkirkland
Curious Member

58 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  05:51:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about intelligence questions, and this one popped into my head.

1, 3, 5, 7, __,
What number is next in the sequence?

9 is a logical choice, being the next odd number, but 11 also works, by being the next prime number.

I'm going to save this one for Harry.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  07:24:38  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage
quote:
I was thinking about intelligence questions, and this one popped into my head.

1, 3, 5, 7, __,
What number is next in the sequence?

9 is a logical choice, being the next odd number, but 11 also works, by being the next prime number.

I'm going to save this one for Harry.

Ken

maybe he'll figure out it's a multiple choice question.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000