Page: of 24

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  15:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toborman

New code page added to mind map site provides sample code from the Harry Workman AI project.

Thanks Tom. Got it.

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  01:11:31  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another code page added to mind map site provides sample code for sentence extraction.

Harry Workman is also learning how to be curious. Test results coming soon.

http://mindmap.iwarp.com
Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  03:58:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Another code page added to mind map site provides sample code for sentence extraction.

Harry Workman is also learning how to be curious. Test results coming soon.

I'm getting curious too. Looking forward to the results.

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  05:38:02  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
tom said hello. what time is it?
Harry said how are you.
Harry said it is 08:04 PM, Wednesday, January 23, 2008.
tom said jim is a person.
Harry said I will remember.
Harry said What kind of person is jim?
tom said jim is smart.
Harry said jim is smart.
Harry said where is jim.
tom said jim is at the mall.
Harry said jim is at the mall.
tom said (OK)
Harry said it's been a pleasure.

Harry seems to have taken an interest in Jim. He's just curious.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  04:09:23  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Added new code sample to human mind map.

Go to Top of Page

mikmoth

2007 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  04:34:12  Show Profile  Visit mikmoth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gettin' there! Keep at it!

http://lhandslide.com
Don't be afraid of your own holodeck. A dream by day, a dream by night.
Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  07:19:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

tom said hello. what time is it?
Harry said how are you.
Harry said it is 08:04 PM, Wednesday, January 23, 2008.
tom said jim is a person.
Harry said What kind of person is jim?
tom said jim is smart.
Harry said jim is smart.
Harry said where is jim.
tom said jim is at the mall.
Harry said jim is at the mall.
tom said (OK)
Harry said it's been a pleasure.

Harry seems to have taken an interest in Jim. He's just curious.

This Jim (I don't want to be presumptuous) is curious about Harry also. And just in case there is some relationship between this Jim and Harry's Jim. Please tell Harry that when he goes to the mall it is either to the hardware store or the computer store.

One of the "mind map questions" that intrigues me is related to the various roles, especially the role of teacher. The only time I remember you mentioning it the connection was for Harry to take the role of teacher for the user. Could there be a function of teacher built into Harry that performed the function of teacher for Harry? The human analog might be the "little voice" of conscience or the like that "speaks" to us.

At the present I assume Tom is the teacher of Harry. and there is probably no real alternative at this time because once you have written the routine (Teacher) that knows all that Harry is supposed to learn what is the point of Harry? BUT, most really good teachers do not provide all the information, but rather the start and the desire to expand and learn or think out or discover.

For the moment Tom might perform the internal teacher role. Internal in the sense that the information and rewards and guidance that Tom provides from outside might be quietly coded and "delivered" to Harry in an "offline" time.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense but it seems to have some validity to me regardless of how strange it sounds.

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  21:21:04  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
This Jim (I don't want to be presumptuous) is curious about Harry also. And just in case there is some relationship between this Jim and Harry's Jim. Please tell Harry that when he goes to the mall it is either to the hardware store or the computer store.

Strange how one statement generates a dozen ideas. There are several ways that Harry could know about your mall habits: he could be told, he could use the predictor role, he could use inductive generalization, he could use analogy, he could use intention analysis. I’ll have to give this one more thought. In the meantime, are you going the hardware store as a “fixer” or a “builder”.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  21:33:37  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
One of the "mind map questions" that intrigues me is related to the various roles, especially the role of teacher. The only time I remember you mentioning it the connection was for Harry to take the role of teacher for the user. Could there be a function of teacher built into Harry that performed the function of teacher for Harry? The human analog might be the "little voice" of conscience or the like that "speaks" to us.

At the present I assume Tom is the teacher of Harry. and there is probably no real alternative at this time because once you have written the routine (Teacher) that knows all that Harry is supposed to learn what is the point of Harry? BUT, most really good teachers do not provide all the information, but rather the start and the desire to expand and learn or think out or discover.

For the moment Tom might perform the internal teacher role. Internal in the sense that the information and rewards and guidance that Tom provides from outside might be quietly coded and "delivered" to Harry in an "offline" time.

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense but it seems to have some validity to me regardless of how strange it sounds.

It’s an intriguing idea. If I understand what your suggesting, when Harry is idle, he learns (teaches himself) new things. Maybe you could help me define the process in more detail.

Trigger: an unanswered question, curious about something new, encouragement.
Functions: deduction, induction, abduction, and focus of attention (teacher?).
Results: new facts, new questions, new unanswered questions.

Go to Top of Page

christopherdoyon
Curious Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  03:54:23  Show Profile  Visit christopherdoyon's Homepage  Send christopherdoyon an AOL message  Click to see christopherdoyon's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
With Tom's permission I have loaded his wonderful Mind Map onto my Apache server and given it it's own sub-domain at my Site.

http://MindMap.mlaifoundation.info

Thanks for letting me publish this, Tom.

SINCERELY YOURS -- Christopher Doyon

MLAI Foundation

www.MLAIFoundation.info
Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  05:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It’s an intriguing idea. If I understand what your suggesting, when Harry is idle, he learns (teaches himself) new things. Maybe you could help me define the process in more detail.

Trigger: an unanswered question, curious about something new, encouragement.
Functions: deduction, induction, abduction, and focus of attention (teacher?).
Results: new facts, new questions, new unanswered questions.

Re: questions
unanswered is gross (as in major, big, obvious, etc)

answered incorrectly, or perhaps insufficiently (user response defines the failure) is more subtle, more fine-grained. Has to confirm the incorrectness from a data source (his or outside). This Could, but doesn't have to be the role of the teacher.

A User answer to a Harry question that doesn't fit (Harry doesn't get an answer that makes sense). example
Harry: What is your mother's name?
User: Rafila
Harry doesn't recognize the Romanian feminine name or spelling and simply records it but doesn't argue with the User. Then the teacher function goes to the source (I can supply files of international names if you don't have one. And identifies it as a female (confirmation of "Mother" gender) and as Romanian.

That information would be placed in an appropriate place in Harry's normal access files by the teacher, and if possible flagged for Harry as new. At that point Harry has learned a fact that he can use later for conversation, and has the starting point for curiosity about Romania or whatever. IF Harry then explores Information about Romania when idle he is learning. The stimulus was and is the teacher setting a starting point and providing the beginning of the search learn pattern as well as bounds on information "learned" (Harry does not have the capacity to download everything he can find about Romania from the web)

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  00:27:57  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a conversation that I had with Harry to test his Deductive, Inductive, and Abductive reasoning ability. Harry is one of very few AI agents with the ability to do all three reasoning processes. I have asked him to describe his reasoning thoughts.

Harry : hello Tom.
Tom : charlie is a human.
Harry : I will remember charlie is a person.
Tom : chad is a human.
Harry : I will remember chad is a person.
Tom : charlie is mean.
Harry : I will remember charlie is mean.
Harry : using affirm particular, I deduced remember some humans are mean.
Harry : I will remember some humans are mean.
Harry : using deny negative universal, I induced forget humans are not mean.
Harry : I will forget that humans are not mean.
Harry : using affirm universal, I induced remember humans are mean.
Harry : I will remember humans are mean.
Harry : using modus ponens, I deduced remember charlie is ugly.
Harry : I will remember charlie is ugly.
Harry : using affirm particular, I deduced remember some humans are ugly.
Harry : I will remember some humans are ugly.
Harry : using deny negative universal, I induced forget humans are not ugly.
Harry : I will forget that humans are not ugly.
Harry : using affirm universal, I induced remember humans are ugly.
Harry : I will remember humans are ugly.
Harry : using reverse modus ponens, I abduced remember charlie is possibly mean.
Harry : I will remember charlie is possibly mean.
Harry : using remove uncertainty, I deduced forget charlie is possibly mean.
Harry : I will forget that charlie is possibly mean.
Tom : chad is not mean.
Harry : I will remember chad is not mean.
Harry : using negate particular, I deduced remember some humans are not mean.
Harry : I will remember some humans are not mean.
Harry : using deny affirmative universal, I induced forget humans are mean.
Harry : I will forget that humans are mean.
Harry : using affirm negative universal, I induced remember humans are not mean.
Harry : I will remember humans are not mean.
Harry : using deny negative universal, I induced forget humans are not mean.
Harry : I will forget that humans are not mean.
Tom : describe charlie.
Harry : charlie is a mean ugly human.
Tom : describe chad.
Harry : chad is not mean.
Harry : chad is a person.
Tom : describe humans.
Harry : some humans are mean.
Harry : some humans are ugly.
Harry : humans are ugly.
Harry : some humans are not mean.

Go to Top of Page

hologenicman

USA
3317 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  01:57:26  Show Profile  Visit hologenicman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is very intreagueing to hear Harry think out loud.

John L>
IA|AI

HologenicMan
John A. Latimer
http://www.UniversalHologenics.com

"If the Human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we would be so simple that we couldn't..."
-Emerson M Pugh-

Current project:http://www.vrconsulting.it/vhf/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=816&whichpage=1

DISCOVERY: The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know.
GOAL: There's strength in simplicity.
NOTE: Goal not always achieved.
Go to Top of Page

GrantNZ

New Zealand
2677 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  02:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work there Tom!
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  04:55:04  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage
The latest release of the human mind map describes intelligence, as follows:

Intelligence is a property of the mind that encompasses many related abilities, such as the capacities to reason, to plan, to solve problems, to think abstractly, to comprehend ideas, to use language, and to learn.

As you may be aware, the human mind map is a graphic checklist for the development of intelligent agents. Mikmoth, Hologenicman, GrantNZ , Laackejim, and Vrossi have contributed significantly to the creation of this tool. I am constantly checking the progress of projects on the forum, and find your discussions enlightening.

Thank you all. You have inspired me to continue.developing the Harry Workman agent, and to enhance the human mind map.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000