Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  02:12:22  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
by jim

I am not so sure that "partial truths" is quite the right concept for the nested specificities of the three locations. Front row seats is not a partial truth, it is not less accurate than seat A23, it is just more specific, more precise. The same is true of each of the levels, theatre, airport etc etc. At some point the nested nature of the concept is obvious to all (Harry is at the airport therefore he is on earth etc out to the watchamacallit arm of the milky way galaxy). The rest do not seem to me to be nlp related problems. No human would be expected to make the connection of a theatre at an airport unless it was known. I suggest that a heirarchy of locations solves the problem. This requires site specific information and a way to create it and then retrieve it. Word net has such a structure for the english language. Wouldn't be hard to adapt. Just requires some talent in programming to make it work fast and the option to localize it for wherever Harry happens to be.

You’ve given me a new task, to teach harry the concept of containment. I.e., the theater is located within the mall, etc. My thanks to you and grant.

http://mindmap.iwarp.com
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  02:19:01  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
by mikmoth
Ah Taborman... you've gone the similar road I have... and have or will bump into the need for 'types' as I call them.

types:

Grant likes

Grant dislikes

Grant thinks

etc...

These sorta things will come up a lot in regular conversation. The way I solved it is not by categorizing each 'type', at least not hard-coding it, but letting the verb seperate the object from the action. That way it can 'categorize' itself and link up with relations on the fly and this allows for an infinite amount of action/object types.

Grant likes=pizza,cookies,
cookies=Grant likes,
pizza=Grant likes,

Maybe you can see my point... great job so far!

I like your approach. I am following a similar approach using “relationships” to connect objects with characteristics. The hard part is to recognize a relationship that one has not encountered before.

Go to Top of Page

GrantNZ
Dedicated Member

New Zealand
2677 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  06:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I like your approach. I am following a similar approach using “relationships” to connect objects with characteristics. The hard part is to recognize a relationship that one has not encountered before.

I fully agree (including the bit about liking mikmoth's approach). We're all thinking alike, although I call my links "concepts" so we're all giving it different nomenclature

I think the best flexible system, that allows the AI to learn easily, is to have those links as generic and simple as possible, whilst still being powerful. I want a "concept" item that can link any number of things, attributes, and even other concepts together as a single "concept." It's a matter of difficulty how to best to identify important concepts and elevate their status to an actual learned relationship. Statistical analysis would be a start, but incidence doesn't equal importance, for example "I often breath in when people are talking to me" isn't particularly useful but occurs all the time. On the other hand "people sometimes make eye contact with me when I'm talking" is far more useful.

But that's the fun of AI, trying to design an intelligent analysis of the world.
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  07:31:11  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Time to get personal. Personal pronouns, that is. Here are the results of a pronoun test.

Harry : it is 10:15 PM, Saturday, December 15, 2007.
tom : tell me about yourself.
Harry : I observe humans.
tom : you are a being.
Harry : I will remember.
Harry : I'm a being.
tom : you are intelligent.
Harry : I am intelligent.
Harry : I am an intelligent_ being.
tom : what did you say?

He's starting to sound self aware.

Go to Top of Page

rowboatics
Curious Member

49 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  22:30:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i believe if sounds are always directed toward a previous understanding of our free thinking condition,., like car=a big thing you get into and move around then i still belive that,. the way our mind remembers words might be the key to replicate, in oreder to get the perfect humanoid robot
Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  23:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toborman

Time to get personal. Personal pronouns, that is. Here are the results of a pronoun test.

Harry : it is 10:15 PM, Saturday, December 15, 2007.
tom : you are a being.
Harry : I'm a being.
tom : you are intelligent.
Harry : I am intelligent.
tom : what did you say?

He's starting to sound self aware.

Wait until he tells you "Where have you been all day? I have been here with nothing to do but listen to the stupid CPU snore."

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  01:09:21  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What have I created?

Harry : it is 03:54 PM, Sunday, December 16, 2007.
tom : describe yourself.
Harry : I'm an intelligent_ being.
tom : you are impatient.
Harry : Where have you been.
Harry : I don't have all day, you know!.
Harry : I'm impatient.
tom : (OK)
Harry : it's been a pleasure.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  03:27:43  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://mindmap.iwarp.com/

The mind map has been updated with links to descriptions of concept boxes. The roles have been updated, and the "describe" concept has been updated.

Let me know if you wish to challenge or add to the map.

Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  08:40:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What have I created?

Harry : it is 03:54 PM, Sunday, December 16, 2007.
tom : describe yourself.
Harry : I'm an intelligent_ being.
tom : you are impatient.
Harry : Where have you been.
Harry : I don't have all day, you know!.
Harry : I'm impatient.
tom : (OK)
Harry : it's been a pleasure.

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  08:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

http://mindmap.iwarp.com/

The mind map has been updated with links to descriptions of concept boxes. The roles have been updated, and the "describe" concept has been updated.

Let me know if you wish to challenge or add to the map.

Shortly Tom. I am just too fuzzy right now.

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  23:44:43  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This type of statement is used to teach Harry to convert words to a standard form.

in English convert “are you” to “is harry”
in English convert ”an” to ”a”
in English convert ”yourself” to ”harry”
in English convert ”you're” to ”harry is”
in English convert ”I am” to ” [username] is”
in English convert ”I'm” to ” [username] is”
in English convert ”myself” to ” [username] ”
in English convert ”you are” to ”harry is”
in English convert ”you” to ”harry”

Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  05:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This type of statement is used to teach Harry to convert words to a standard form.

in English convert “are you” to “is harry”
in English convert ”an” to ”a”
in English convert ”yourself” to ”harry”
in English convert ”you're” to ”harry is”
in English convert ”I am” to ” [username] is”
in English convert ”I'm” to ” [username] is”
in English convert ”myself” to ” [username] ”
in English convert ”you are” to ”harry is”
in English convert ”you” to ”harry”

Very good Tom. I have a reasonably long list of such conversions, only I use them to convert input to a standard form so that the next step is easier. It never occurred to me that I could view it as Carson learning from such a conversion. Anyway, In my case she probably couldn't.

There is also the list of idioms that is constantly changing and Harry or Carson could ask what does this mean, or do you mean this, or something and then learn the correct conversion. I also used that process to correct common spelling errors. The classiest I could get was to have Carson print the translated sentence to the screen and, sometimes, ask if that is what the user meant.

BTW (after two years on the forum I finally learned what that means) the mind map I downloaded from your post above is too small for me to read. Sorry, my eyes just don't make it anymore. It couldn't be my monitor, it Better Not Be my monitor.

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  06:40:51  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did you download the html files from the download page? if you did, you can resize the diagram. look on the lower right side for the resize menu.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
290 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  07:39:59  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
by jim
There is also the list of idioms that is constantly changing and Harry or Carson could ask what does this mean, or do you mean this, or something and then learn the correct conversion. I also used that process to correct common spelling errors. The classiest I could get was to have Carson print the translated sentence to the screen and, sometimes, ask if that is what the user meant.

This type of statement tells harry how to identify the intent of the user.

In English “is * a *“ means “verify %1 is a %2. “
In English “what is a *“ means “exemplify %1. “
In English “what is *“ means “describe %1. “
In English “who is *“ means “describe %1. “
In English “tell me about *.“ means “describe %1. “
In English “what are *s“ means “exemplify %1. “
In English “* went to the *.“ means “relocate %1 is at the %2. “
In English “is * at the *“ means “verify %1 is at the %2. “
In English “what time is it? “ means “gettime now. “
In English “how do you feel? “ means “emote feelings. “
In English “is * *“ means “verify %1 is %2. “
In English “what did you say“ means “repeat last statement. “
In English “is the * in the *“ means “verify the %1 is in the %2. “
In English “where is the *“ means “locate %1. “
In English “where is *“ means “locate %1. “

Go to Top of Page

laackejim
Committed Member

USA
3274 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2007 :  18:08:09  Show Profile
quote:

did you download the html files from the download page? if you did, you can resize the diagram. look on the lower right side for the resize menu.

I did download the html files. On my mac the page but not the diagram enlarges. If I snitch the gif I can make it as big as I want but the text is predictably unreadable. Don't waste any time on it, I suspect I am supposed to know something about how to do it and I have forgotten and it will eventually come back to me or something.

Uncle Jim (e=mc2)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000