Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  09:08:14  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Patterned behavior

The acronym ODEPC (pronounced “oh deep sea”) stands for the five steps used to reason about behavior patterns. These five steps are: Observe, Describe, Explain, Predict, and Control. For an AI entity to emulate human reasoning about patterns of behavior it must be able to perform these functions.

Harry is continuing the learn how to do these things with some success. Harry is limited to observing and generating text in the form of sentences in English. Harry is becoming adept at handling simple sentences, but now faces dealing with prepositions. The problem is that some prepositions are used for more than one purpose. This means that Harry has to use semantic context to determine which preposition goes with which form of time or space.

For example, when using the prepositions of time at, on, and in:

We use at to designate specific times.
The train is due at 12:15 p.m.

We use on to designate days and dates.
My brother is coming on Monday.
We're having a party on the Fourth of July.

We use in for nonspecific times during a day, a month, a season, or a year.
She likes to jog in the morning.
It's too cold in winter to run outside.
He started the job in 1971.
He's going to quit in August.

Therefore, Harry must know the time class of the text to follow the preposition in order to choose the correct preposition.

When Harry gets through this, compound and complex sentences should be easy.

http://mindmap.iwarp.com
Go to Top of Page

Dante
Hooked Member

220 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  17:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
toborman, I have a favor to ask.
Could you please create a very large image file of the mind map? (like JPEG or PNG) as having it as either a low resoultion picture (which has impossible-to-read writing) or as an HTML file (which is very hard to print out!) means it can serve less then a useful purpose?

I'd love to put this on my wall...

The hand that rocks the AI cradle, may well rule the world.
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2009 :  00:29:56  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'd love to put this on my wall...

me too I'll see what I can do.

Go to Top of Page

Dante
Hooked Member

220 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  23:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely! :D

The hand that rocks the AI cradle, may well rule the world.
Go to Top of Page

Nomeneiste
Intrigued Member

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  06:45:43  Show Profile  Click to see Nomeneiste's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toborman

What roles would you find most beneficial in an AI agent? Choose from the list, or suggest your own. Maybe the top three choices will tell us what is important to you.

My top three choices would be:

Assistant
Conversationalist
Learner

Not sure what that says about me? (If you give away the answer farther into the thread, I haven't gotten there yet... But I expect more replies to this thread from me tonight, it is GREAT!

TTFN,
Brandon

- The answer is oorple.
Go to Top of Page

Nomeneiste
Intrigued Member

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  07:53:53  Show Profile  Click to see Nomeneiste's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, there isn't much really for me to say aside from 'Wow!'. I have the copy of Harry from the site but for whatever reason it doesn't want to run for me.

It tells me things like.....

Add 'mnuFileNew_Click' code.

So, I think something maybe a bit off but I will play with it some more tomorrow and see if I can get it going. Oh, any progress on the large size PNG / JPEG file? I'd like to study it in great detail.

TTFN,
Brandon

- The answer is oorple.
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  08:03:31  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
So, I think something maybe a bit off but I will play with it some more tomorrow and see if I can get it going. Oh, any progress on the large size PNG / JPEG file? I'd like to study it in great detail.

I'm getting an error when I try to export to those formats. Looks like I need a SP that corrects the error. Plus you won't get mouseovers and hyperlinks. Still working on it.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  03:35:40  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, there isn't much really for me to say aside from 'Wow!'. I have the copy of Harry from the site but for whatever reason it doesn't want to run for me.

It tells me things like.....

Add 'mnuFileNew_Click' code.

Still having problems?

Go to Top of Page

Nomeneiste
Intrigued Member

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  04:03:17  Show Profile  Click to see Nomeneiste's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Sir.

Before I get into talking about Harry, and my apologies for not asking last night. How are you doing? I seen you had a surgery a bit ago and wanted to make sure that everything is good on that side of the fence.

As for Harry, I sorted him out and he is working at this time. I get a little box with the typical VB toolbar, [File] [Edit] [View] [Help] and it looks like the code behind most of the options isn't there but I did find the 'Dialog' option under [View] and that lets me talk to Harry so I am sorted. I later noticed that you mention this in the readme file that came with it, I didn't really look last night.

I have actually been talking to him a bit:

Brandon: Some animals have wings.
Harry: I do not understand Some animals have wings.

I am trying to get him to have a greater understanding of animals, such as some animals have fur, etc. We've cleared the hurdle of some animals are living and some animals are dead, as noted:

Brandon: describe animals.
Harry: some animals are living.
Harry: animals possibly are living.
Harry: some animals are dead.
Harry: animals possibly are dead.
Harry: some animals are brown.
Harry: animals possibly are brown.
Harry: humans are animals.

We've also got the color brown as you can see so we are making progress, I would like to echo the comments of some of the others and say that matching this engine to AIML would be great at least for me. I could write up a lot of facts for it!

I thank you for this work though, it is great! What is the next step for Harry on the intelligence path?

As for the image, what file type is it now? I am sure I have an application that can read it and then I can convert it to whatever you would like.

TTFN,
Brandon

- The answer is oorple.
Go to Top of Page

Nomeneiste
Intrigued Member

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  04:13:06  Show Profile  Click to see Nomeneiste's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here is another attempt at training:

Brandon: A family is a group of people.
Harry: some peoples are of.
Harry: peoples possibly are of.
Harry: some peoples are group.
Harry: peoples possibly are group.
Harry: some peoples are family.
Harry: an is a of people group family.
Harry: peoples possibly are family.

Also, when attempting to change Merlin to the Genie I get the following error:

Run-time error '3315':
Field 'tbleCriteria.Object2' cannot be a zero-length string.

Actually, if you would like I can do a full shake down on Harry and just report it all to you if you would like? I've done QA since ~1999 so I can run him through his paces if you'd like. :-) I can also have some of my older children give him a go and report those findings to you if you would like.

TTFN,
Brandon

- The answer is oorple.
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  05:19:48  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nomeneiste

Good morning, Sir.

Before I get into talking about Harry, and my apologies for not asking last night. How are you doing? I seen you had a surgery a bit ago and wanted to make sure that everything is good on that side of the fence.

As for Harry, I sorted him out and he is working at this time. I get a little box with the typical VB toolbar, [File] [Edit] [View] [Help] and it looks like the code behind most of the options isn't there but I did find the 'Dialog' option under [View] and that lets me talk to Harry so I am sorted. I later noticed that you mention this in the readme file that came with it, I didn't really look last night.

I have actually been talking to him a bit:

Brandon: Some animals have wings.
Harry: I do not understand Some animals have wings.

I am trying to get him to have a greater understanding of animals, such as some animals have fur, etc. We've cleared the hurdle of some animals are living and some animals are dead, as noted:

Brandon: describe animals.
Harry: some animals are living.
Harry: animals possibly are living.
Harry: some animals are dead.
Harry: animals possibly are dead.
Harry: some animals are brown.
Harry: animals possibly are brown.
Harry: humans are animals.

We've also got the color brown as you can see so we are making progress, I would like to echo the comments of some of the others and say that matching this engine to AIML would be great at least for me. I could write up a lot of facts for it!

I thank you for this work though, it is great! What is the next step for Harry on the intelligence path?

As for the image, what file type is it now? I am sure I have an application that can read it and then I can convert it to whatever you would like.

TTFN,
Brandon

the heart surgery went ok, another surgery scheduled for the 28th for bladder cancer.

to get used to comunicating with Harry, I suggest you try out the vhmats tests at the url below. this will also tell you what level of intelligence he has achieved so far.

the mind map is in VISIO format. The download version is in HTML. the web site image is .bmp.

the next step is to teach him about the meaning and usage of prepositions in english.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  05:33:44  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nomeneiste

Here is another attempt at training:

Brandon: A family is a group of people.
Harry: some peoples are of.
Harry: peoples possibly are of.
Harry: some peoples are group.
Harry: peoples possibly are group.
Harry: some peoples are family.
Harry: an is a of people group family.
Harry: peoples possibly are family.

Also, when attempting to change Merlin to the Genie I get the following error:

Run-time error '3315':
Field 'tbleCriteria.Object2' cannot be a zero-length string.

Actually, if you would like I can do a full shake down on Harry and just report it all to you if you would like? I've done QA since ~1999 so I can run him through his paces if you'd like. :-) I can also have some of my older children give him a go and report those findings to you if you would like.

TTFN,
Brandon

Yes, everything except dialog is just a stub. He should be able to handle all of the vhmats tests with your own variables, but anything else will give unpredictable results.

after prepositions will be compound and complex sentences. then some new functions from the mind map. I'm open to changing priorities if someone has a particular function of interest.

Go to Top of Page

GrantNZ
Dedicated Member

New Zealand
2677 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  05:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
the heart surgery went ok, another surgery scheduled for the 28th for bladder cancer.

I wish you all the best for that!!!

I'm glad to hear the last one went okay. My father had heart problems just recently, and he was told that he'd most likely die on the table if they operated So he chose no operation!

Anyway sorry to interrupt the discussion, and keep up the good work with Harry
Go to Top of Page

Nomeneiste
Intrigued Member

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  06:43:53  Show Profile  Click to see Nomeneiste's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toborman

to get used to comunicating with Harry, I suggest you try out the vhmats tests at the url below. this will also tell you what level of intelligence he has achieved so far.

the mind map is in VISIO format. The download version is in HTML. the web site image is .bmp.

the next step is to teach him about the meaning and usage of prepositions in english.

Good morning, Sir.

I am walking through the tests but he is giving responses such as:

Brandon: When you hear hello you say hello.
Harry: am unable to says hello when someone says hello.

Also, I think I have reached a limit on the things that humans can be. He does not seem capable of remembering more things, such as humans are mammals but in a sense he does. He can tell me that I am a mammal but he does not know if I am an animal:

Brandon: Is Brandon an animal?
Harry: I don't know if Brandon is an animal.

As for the test, he was doing ok until the reasoning section and then it was downhill so I think I need to talk to him some more:

Brandon: Why is Brandon a mammal?
Harry: I forgot who told me Brandon is a mammal.

He forgot all of the reasons I was anything (animal, mammal, etc) so we'll work on that some more. As for the file, I can convert it for you if you would like. If so just email it over to me, if you click on the email me button up top you'll get me.

TTFN,
Brandon

- The answer is oorple.
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
291 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  07:12:43  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage
Yes, I just took Harry's temperature. He is definitely sick.. Let you know when he's feeling better.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000