Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic 
Page: of 25

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  12:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent work!!! I am really lucky to know you toboman... I hope you continue working like this and perhaps soon we will have something that in a specific domain will be intelligent enough to fool a human. I am really looking forward for more developments on Harry.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  17:44:34  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I sometimes wonder if I am heading in the right direction.

http://mindmap.iwarp.com
Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  05:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are two things I can suggest:

1) Is it time to port Harry into a more recent language (e.g., VB.net)? I think you need to consider this question seriously as with VB6 you will soon hit a dead end

2) If Harry can sucessuflly answer questions from a text of 1000-2000 words then at least in my point of view he is ready for deployment in a limited domain. I am currently working with avatars on tourist mobile guide systems where the AI only needs to know about a limited area (i.e., a tourist attraction).If knowledge about the tourist attractions of an area can be passed somehow to Harry and allow the user to ask him questions then we will have a system ready to be used commercially.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  12:05:05  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
1) Is it time to port Harry into a more recent language (e.g., VB.net)? I think you need to consider this question seriously as with VB6 you will soon hit a dead end

I'll look into how long it might take to port Harry.
quote:

2) If Harry can sucessuflly answer questions from a text of 1000-2000 words then at least in my point of view he is ready for deployment in a limited domain. I am currently working with avatars on tourist mobile guide systems where the AI only needs to know about a limited area (i.e., a tourist attraction).If knowledge about the tourist attractions of an area can be passed somehow to Harry and allow the user to ask him questions then we will have a system ready to be used commercially.

Harry needs to understand the other question forms (who, what, etc.) that I'm working on now. And the look of the user interface needs to be cleaned up. Got any suggestions

Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  13:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think the interface is a problem. I am mostly interested for a rich API to harry. Your current interface looks just fine to me!
Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  12:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a sample text from the ones I am currently working on:

This gate, is the only entrance to the area of the castle, something that gave the name Monemvasia (or single entrance) to the whole area. The facing on the main gate, like the molding on the wall, and the corbeling of a small bartizan located to the upper right of the portal are all made of porus, quarried nearby. The Venetian influence in the west wall is particularly evident in these details, for the Turks built the other parts of the wall out of rubble, ashlar, and fieldstone. A fluted molding borders the facing of the portal.

If Harry will become capable of accumulating this knowledge in its db and allow the user to ask any kind of questions (always within the limits of the text) then we can can a system ready for deplyment in the general public

PS: If you decide to test harry on these texts please let me know. I can send you more texts and far more complicated
Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  20:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW the latest version of Harry returns an error

Run Time error Could not find file C:\Program Files\AI Makers\updateddb.mdb

This appears to be happening only with the Harry(full) Install and not with the Harry(no DB) Install. Also I think that learning from clipboard should function based on user's request (e.g., from a menu item Learn from Clipboard) and not every time the clipboard has some data in it.

Edited by - giannis on Mar 11 2009 21:06:29
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  03:50:40  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
BTW the latest version of Harry returns an error

Run Time error Could not find file C:\Program Files\AI Makers\updateddb.mdb

This appears to be happening only with the Harry(full) Install and not with the Harry(no DB) Install. Also I think that learning from clipboard should function based on user's request (e.g., from a menu item Learn from Clipboard) and not every time the clipboard has some data in it.

The error will be fixed in the next release.

How about asking Harry to read the clipboard?

I'm evaluating the sample text you provided. Looks too complex for Harry right now, but it will help guide development.

Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2009 :  09:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the full text in case you need it. If Harry will become capable of answering questions (no matter how the user asks them) within the limits of this text, then we will have an AI expert within the particular domain. I tried to do something similar with ResearchCyC and ALICE but I had several problems mainly with the size of opencyc.

This gate, is the only entrance to the area of the castle, something that gave the name Monemvasia (or single entrance) to the whole area. The facing on the main gate, like the molding on the wall, and the corbeling of a small bartizan located to the upper right of the portal are all made of porus, quarried nearby. The Venetian influence in the west wall is particularly evident in these details, for the Turks built the other parts of the wall out of rubble, ashlar, and fieldstone. A fluted molding borders the facing of the portal. Within the facing, above the gate opening, there are at these points (here and here) two stone blocks decorated with raised hemispheres. The hemisphere that sits just above the gate opening is itself flanked on each side by a six-point star. In the upper right-hand corner of the facing (formerly also in the upper left-hand corner) there is a stone decorated with a hole and a groove. These stones, unlike the rest of the facing, are laid vertically not horizontally. The large opening just below the outer molding of the facing served as the anchor point for a sculpted marble lion of Saint Mark, which was the symbol of Venetian authority over Monemvasia. Directly over the gate at the top of the wall there is an embrasure through which a cannon could fire straight on at attackers. Above the facing of the gate, to the left of the corbeling, are the remains of Turkish stuccoing, identifiable by the small pieces of fired clay mixed in with the plaster. Large sections of the wall between the main gate and the sea show signs of having been hastily rebuilt with little care or attention to detail. Although, these sections have been recently plastered, a careful glance easily reveals the casualness of the initial construction. A small tower, built directly on the rock, protrudes somewhat to the left, above the gate. Because of its salient position, it provides an excellent view of the whole exterior of the west wall. The bastion above at the cliffs and the one below at the southwest corner on the sea make it possible to defend the entire length of the wall. Thus it is really correct to say that the west wall has a carefully thought out, elaborate design. The portal opening articulates the facing; it consists of a broad round arch made of porus blocks. The old wings of the gate are still in their original location, even if they are no longer closed every evening as they still were at the beginning of the twentieth century. Behind the gate begins a narrow zigzag passage towards the interior of the castle, and to the part of the castle which the locals call “the lower town”.
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  01:26:23  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Give me a sample question and answer based on this text, please.

Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  08:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A sample question would be" Can you describe the facing of the main gate?"
Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  15:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to unistall harry but it seems impossible. The program is not in the add remove programs. Is it safe to delete it from the program files directory? I mean does harry create any registry values? I think an unistaller would be desirable
Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  03:08:17  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since I'm using a borrowed installer I don't know if the registry has been updated, but I'll check on it. Yes, we need an uninstaller. I'll work on it.

Go to Top of Page

toborman
Hooked Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  07:04:20  Show Profile  Visit toborman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A crude uninstaller for Harry is available for download at the mindmap link. Let me know how it works on your system.

Go to Top of Page

giannis
Hooked Member

202 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  02:53:06  Show Profile
It works just fine... thanks... BTW any recent developments on Harry?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000