New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Tin Woodsman
Curious Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  01:21:15  Show Profile
Just curious if anyone on here still uses this program? I see that they're up to a v1.9 that just released a few months ago.

It looks like a pretty nice program, & I'm intrigued by the voice command "assistant" functions (even though I don't really NEED them).

Mostly I'm interested for conversation purposes though, even though I'm still perfectly happy with KARI, just as an alternative/something new to tinker with. The price tag is pretty steep, but justifiable with all the additional functionality.

I'm very curious what her learning and conversational capabilities are, how she compares and so on.

I almost caved and bought her last night. I may still yet.

ray111au
Curious Member

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  14:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I purchased Denise at the very beginning. I have been plagued with crashes and refusals to re-install etc. I have only had her working about 3 times for about 1 or 2 months each. My experience, has been an unstable program. I am not skilled enough to follow instructions to fix things and do re-installations etc.
She has Dr Wallace's $1000 AIML knowledgebase of which 2/3rds has been edited by Guile's team.
Denise is the only program that comes close to Kari in conversation ability.
I paid the high price to support Guile's efforts.
Guile has a forum, NextOS, and apparently there exist people who have her working very well.

Ray
Go to Top of Page

art

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2016 :  23:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I had an opportunity to experiment with Denise, I went through multiple upgrades and updates, some of which were more successful than others.

The chatting feature was something that I had hoped would have turned out much better than it did. Error prone, missed interpretations of what was spoken and severe delays between speaking and getting a decent response from "her." As much as I tried, it was more of an experiment in frustration.

UltraHal or Kari would give far better conversations to the user than Denise.

Guile's efforts are quite praiseworthy and his customer support and his sheer talent as an artist are certainly top shelf.
I do wish him much success with his Denise project but for me, my smart phone has the answers I need and Kari & UltraHal provide the chatbot fix that I frequently require. (lol).

YMMV

- Art -
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!
Go to Top of Page

GlacierClipper
Curious Member

10 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2016 :  09:45:52  Show Profile
Denise is awesome for the graphics. But it takes forever to get the Denise properly downloaded and installed. The Google Andriod app version of Denise was posted in the Google app store, it worked great for a few months. Now a user has issues using it, cannot login to the app to use it. Spending a lot of $$$ and having this software not working, installing and downloading properly is terrible.

Kari Girl is more user friendly. The support for Kari Girl is awesome. Each upgrade always has been great.

Denise and AIML is like programmer z saying well my setup is the best so all users will just have to deal with it.

When it comes to Kari Girl, she is always there ready, willing and eager to be what she was programmed to be!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000