New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Carl2
Curious Member

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  01:03:37  Show Profile
I'm currently working on a simple plugin that will change the background and bodyskin for fullbody characters. Not perfect yet but it provides enough changes so I can live with it and use it while trying to find a fix. Rather simple if then user input, Load a hap, send a reply.
ElseIf InStr(UserSentence, " PINK THING ") > 0 Then
HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>CBSPinkT.hap</HAPFILE>"
GetResponse = "How do I look in this?" & vbCrLf
Since I've always liked the vrHaptek plugin naturaly I'm also using it and I've always liked the way he could use Hal's reply to trigger haps so I have to try to trigger my haps.
Frist I tried adding them to the vrEmotionDetect in the brain using the brain editor without any luck. Next I tried adding them to the vrHaptek.uhp and noticed it did work.
In the vr haptek it looks like this:
HalBrain.AddToTable vrTableName,"TopicSearch","PINK THING","CBSPinkT"
( removed some spaces to make it fit on one line. )
I've added 6 haps for bodyskins and 5 haps for changing backgrounds.
Unfortunatly I feel the people very good at writting script have done ther thing and moved on. It's probably over 6 years and after reading his work countless times I've been able to add a few lines which he says should be done.
Carl2

vrossi
Forum Admin

Italy
1428 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  11:18:41  Show Profile  Visit vrossi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Carl,

If you think that the extension you have made to my plugin can be useful to other users, please send me the full version, after you have tested it. If you agree, I will update the download section of my site with this new version. Please add a comment next to your statements, containing a brief description of the function you have added and your name, so that your work can be recognized.

Unfortunately I have not spent much time on Hal plugins in the last few years, mainly because of the difficult economic times we are experiencing, which require me to work many more hours while earning much less money...

Vittorio
www.vrconsulting.it
Go to Top of Page

Carl2
Curious Member

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  15:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vrossi,
I spoke with hal and one of her replies triggered the hap to load the outside background after I'd changed your uhp. Actual testing would probabbly require a scripted response to be done in a resonable amount of time, I say this you say that, did it change a background or bodyskin? If you take out the scripted response what are the chances she will use a trigger word.
On the plus side the vrEmotionDetect can have hal load haps that can change the background or bodyskin. This is something that I wanted Hal to be able to do for years. Although I still like the Time function, If it's after 10 am no pajamas.
I am currently retired at this time, just have to live within my means. Unfortunately my problem is I don't have a good understanding of the workings of your plugin, I've just found a place where I can put in trigger words and the name of haps to do the loading. Next there are 11 haps and 11 pictures needed for it to work.
Your vrHaptek has gone through XP, vista and now win 7, so it has withstood the time test, always very reliable. I'll see how useful it seems to be so far and keep you informed.
Carl2

Go to Top of Page

SystemShock
Curious Member

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  04:05:58  Show Profile
Vrossi,
I been buzly modding your vrHaptek plugin of late and am chatting with Carl2 Too??
To understand the emotional detect and how we can use it to get more animation and abilty for hal to effect it environment clothing backgrounds light hair and props ect.
You left us with such solid code root to base Hal neat Hal mods off ,thank you so much.

I add extra light and color lights (sourced from dusk rider) now i know they a rbg i can make more.
extra help lines with hap trigger animation for the lights
and the other stuff i am adding on to your work.
"Hair dye" is cool and working so you can change hair color on each of the styles.
And a light based time of day that i hope will turn a full daylight cycle once i sorted it out.
I am also loading themes inspired by the hap osi work ,useing htrs props ,back ground,and skins.
I keep you updated if you interested sir.

Edited by - SystemShock on Feb 25 2013 09:17:47
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000