New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rogerfgay
Curious Member

1 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  18:08:20  Show Profile  Visit rogerfgay's Homepage
Hi;

I'm running an open-source software project for a system called High Level Logic (HLL). The concept started taking form in my head about 25 years ago. (Yes, I'm not a kid anymore.) It's a tool, or framework, or whatever you want to call software that provides useful services, a conceptual framework that helps to bring overall structure to programs, and makes application building easier - but isn't itself the actual end application.

Although it's intended to be good for all sorts of programs, the first prototype was built in 2007 as part of a robotics project. Along with the prototype software, I built a simple little robotics demo with a simple little robot simulation.

It's easy for me to see that it will be quite easy to set-up complex scenarios for robots using HLL. You'll be able to use plans and rules to accomplish that - written in XML files (and it's planned to put tools on top of those so you won't even have to write in XML).

The robotics project is over now, and I'm on my own. No more interaction with expensive and sometimes world-class robots for the moment anyway. So I have built the first LEGO robot in the kit instructions and loaded LeJOS onto the brick. That makes it easy to interact with the robot in Java via Bluetooth. That's for later. My efforts are very much focused on getting HLL-light version 1.0 ready ... it's getting close and it is already possible to start building applications - if you're a Java programmer. (Like I said, I already built a simple demo with the prototype.)

If any of this sounds interesting, I have a blog and have also been adding thoughts on the LeJOS discussion board.

Blog: http://highlevellogic.blogspot.com/

LeJOS thread: http://lejos.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2364

Correlation does not prove causality.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Virtual Humans Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000