Posted - Jul 06 2007 : 23:44:43
| Hi, I'm hoping this is the best place to post this.
Basically this is a little application that may help anyone still playing around with Haptek stuff. I made it because I finally got fed up with the limited control the Haptek console provided and after too many late nights tapping in obscure registry settings just to see fullbody girl twitch a bit and have a poke around in her naval.
Here's a quick run down :
Hap Explorer was created to make it easier to fiddle around with Haptek models and make each of their settings simpler to navigate when trying to create things like hap-files and animations. If you have tired of examining Figure Definition files for switches and parameters then you should find this tool useful.
If you have spent any time at all on Haptek then you may have found the simple command line interface of the player console a bit restrictive when it comes to messing around with the models and all their various settings.
With this program I have tried to put a front end on the Haptek Player for people who want easier access to a model's numerous settings and parameters etc. I hope this tool will help speed up the whole process.
At the time of writing this is considered a semi beta release as it is hoped that I will get some feedback on what if anything needs to be added to this. I have done a lot of testing but this still needs more, so unless you are happy to test this program without warranty, guarantees or all the rest of it then please do not use it.
Hap Explorer should run on Windows 2000 and XP - basically with a set up that will run the Haptek Player without difficulty - if it runs on anything else then I would be happy to hear about it. Many thanks.
* Works with fullbodies, heads and torsos, infact it should be ok with all htr or haptar file types.
* Easy access resource files - organise your Haptek files into one easy place.
* Customise folder access to use your existing folders.
* Material Lighting Files - change material properties and store them for further use.
* Parameter/Switch access - get easy access and control of a models settings/animations.
* Positonal and rotational readouts - get coordinates easily
* Note Pad - note model settings and properties as you work.
* Speech Pad - prepare and test Text-To-Speech
* Hap Pad - work on and test hapfiles with this simple editor.
* Plus a few other things...
"Heck, before Hap Explorer arrived we were all smoking dog hairs, now we know better!"
- Red Neck Review
"I was lost without hope, all that changed when Hap Explorer came into my life, now I go out on Tuesdays!"
- Bedroom Hacker Gazzete
"Duh, um like where is dah neked button, i know dere must be a neked button some place."
- The Vocal Yocal
This is the link to the current thread on the AiDreams forum, so far we have got rid of a few bugs but apparently and amazingly for me it seems quite stable and is actually useful!!
Note that you will have to log in to get the download. The latest version is v0_8_0_10 and can be found attached to the first post of the thread.
Edited by - Freddy on Jul 07 2007 01:20:04