Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Grammophone
Starting Member

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2007 :  01:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pactive, thanks for what You did. There is no hurry!! My thought was, that the ''speak'' option, was to hear a voice before You select it,(like a preview option) just by clicking on the voice and then hitting the "speak button". From Your answer I understand that it was a wrong idee of me?
Go to Top of Page

pactive

103 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  07:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Originally, I had planned on having it work that way, but couldn't get it. I just sent a new version over to GamerThom for posting, it does a preview for both agents and tts voices.

I've split the voices differently, instead of Sapi4/Sapi5 now it's agent voices and TTS, or non-agent voices. I was only able to force english on the agent voices, there doesn't seem to be any way to specify a language in Sapi5 at all and I read on the Microsoft website that in Vista they've removed the ability to use a language different than the system language.

I did some development and testing on Vista and I'm recanting anything I said before about compatibility, Vista isn't compatible with itself.

Anyways, when you have an agent loaded and go to select a new voice, this version will unload your agent and load the system default agent (on mine it's merlin), it will use that agent for testing (the Speak button) then assign the voice to your agent and unload the default agent when you click OK.

I did the same thing for the TTS voice, load a dummy, make changes to it, then copy it to the real voice when you click OK.

On the TTS form, you can type or cut and paste into the text box and then 'save as wav', when you do this the wave file gets created, but you won't hear it speak. So now you can create little wav clips of the voices.

With this version, when you change from one agent to another, I'm resetting the language to english, the voice will probably still change with the agent, but I don't think the language will.

Let me know how it works.

Go to Top of Page

Grammophone
Starting Member

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  03:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Pactive.Sounds great to me.I like to test it and tell You the results. I use XP, so that shall be no problem. Although there is an other problem. I can't find the link to download that version!
I have also an other question. I have downloaded ADAMUS and it has exactly the same problems as answerpad. Can You also help with that?

Edited by - Grammophone on 07/29/2007 03:43:20
Go to Top of Page

pactive

103 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2007 :  04:38:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't do anything about Adamus, that's Phenix Dos's Project, but I'm not surprised it has the same problems, we both started with the same source code and we probably both ignored most of the speech stuff because it worked for us.

Gamer posted the new answerpad version here http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/Downloads/Apad_RC1_05_SapiMod.zip

It's just the exe again, so copy it in on top of the existing one.
Go to Top of Page

Grammophone
Starting Member

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  00:53:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this the right forum then, for posting this question about the problem with ADAMUS, or is it better to go an other forum? GamerThom suggested an other forum, but I can not find what he means exactly. Probably I understand English not so good as I thought.:-)

By The Way. I have a problem with the the download link. I am getting a 404 error.

Edited by - Grammophone on 07/30/2007 01:32:45
Go to Top of Page

pactive

103 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  06:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, GamerT titled this forum with 'questions about answerpad or adamus' so this should be the right place for adamus questions too, but phenix dos hasn't posted anything since July 2nd, so who knows when he'll return.

I can't do anything about the link either, it's the same as what GamerThom posted, but I get errors trying it too.

Go to Top of Page

GamerThom
Forum Admin

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  11:47:13  Show Profile  Visit GamerThom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will email PhenixDos today to let him know that someone has
a question regarding a SAPI bug in ADAMUS, and also check to see
what is wrong with that link.

http://www.gamerthom.com/ IAlAI
Go to Top of Page

GamerThom
Forum Admin

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  11:59:30  Show Profile  Visit GamerThom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, I have repaired the link for the Apad RC1.05 SapiMod file.
Sorry about that little problem.

I have also sent an email request to PhenixDos concerning
this problem with ADAMUS. Hopefully he will be able to post
and suggest something.

Go to Top of Page

Grammophone
Starting Member

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  03:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again. The link works fine now. I have the file. I let You know how it works.

Go to Top of Page

Grammophone
Starting Member

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  03:19:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with ADAMUS. I live in Holland and have a Dutch version of windows XP. I have changed my default Windows voice to an English voice and that works o.k in ADAMUS, until I enable the MS agent. Then the voice switch to Dutch and it sounds terrible. There is no way to change the voice when the MS agent is enabled. When I call the agent options from within ADAMUS I can only access the Dutch Speech engine settings. I had the same problems with Answerpad (look at this forum) but with help of GamerThom and a lot of great work from Pactive it works good, although we are still testing. Is there somebody here, who like to try this for me with ADAMUS?
Go to Top of Page

Grammophone
Starting Member

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  01:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pactive. The SAPI 4 seems OK. When I change an agent, the voice jumps to the correct voice setting of that agent.(Not back to Dutch anymore!) Great job!!
When I change a voice, the default character shows up, like You told me, and I can ''preview" all of my L&H voices that I have installed.
When I select a voice, the agent that was active stays active. So there is no switchback to the default agent after changing a voice.
That was the good news.:-) SAPI 5 is not working right yet. When I choose in the options menu for TTS, it works, but my agent is gone.
The ''use an agent'' option is then automatically turned off. If I try to force an agent to use the TTS option It gives errors like -2146213310 (Character ID is not Valid) or an runtime error and then the program crashes.

Edited by - Grammophone on 08/01/2007 01:16:48
Go to Top of Page

pactive

103 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  06:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds to me like Sapi5 is working fine, that's what I meant by agent voices and non-agent voices. I'm turning off the agent when you select a Sapi5 voice on purpose. Agents and Sapi5 don't get along, so I removed the possibility.

The only part that surprises me is that you were able to force the TTS option with an agent and get it to crash, I'm enabling and disabling options all over the place to prevent it from crashing.

I'm sorry if I'm not more helpful, but Microsoft decided that Sapi5 didn't need features that are in Sapi4, I can't change the language setting on Sapi5 voices.

Edited by - pactive on 08/01/2007 06:36:47
Go to Top of Page

GamerThom
Forum Admin

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  23:34:57  Show Profile  Visit GamerThom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes. Microsoft did not make SAPI 5 reverse compatible for
use with thier MS Agent technology. Very unfortunate oversight
on thier part. But I think Microsoft's engineer's were thinking
that MS Agents were falling out of popular use and being replaced
with more advanced avatar systems.

Go to Top of Page

Grammophone
Starting Member

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  01:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the problem now. No reason for sorry. You did a great job. I am already very glad she speaks English! If I can help by testing of the program crashes, or if You need other testing, ill be glad to help, if I can!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Character Creation & Design Forum © V.R.Consulting Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000